Friday, March 11, 2022

Venise Chan Interviews Youngest Pickleball Queen, Anna Leigh Waters

 

Venise Chan: Pickleball University



VC: What is your motto in life and what do you love about pickleball? 

AW: My motto in life is have fun and do what you love! My pickleball motto however is Rip Bang Win Cake! Rip the ball, bang the ball, win the match, and celebrate with cake! I love a lot of things about pickleball, but some of my favorite things are getting to play a professional sport at a young age, traveling around the country with my family, and meeting new people! 

VC: Who do you train with and how do you train?

AW: I train with my mom, with JW Johnson (a top pro male player), and with local high level pickleball players and friends. I train pickleball 3-4 days a week unless there is a tournament! I do fitness and strength work about three days per week as well!

VC: You are so young and with incredible achievements already, what’s your next goal and how are you preparing for it?

AW: My next goal in pickleball is to win a triple crown! I have won 2 out of the three events for the past three tournaments so I would LOVE to will all of them! To achieve this goal, I am working on winning women’s doubles by working on certain shots and strategy that I feel will give me a shot at getting Gold!

VC: Do you prefer singles or doubles and why ?

AW: Most people will say I’m crazy but singles is my favorite because it’s just me on the court! Win or lose it’s all on me! (Read More)

No comments:

Post a Comment