Monday, February 21, 2022

2022 PPA Foot Solutions Arizona Grand Slam: Channel 12 News

 

Growing sport of pickleball brings thousands to Mesa
Anna Leigh Waters, 15, of Delray Beach, Florida was one professional player who traveled across the country to take part in the Arizona Grand Slam.

“I evacuated Florida during Hurricane Irma and went to stay with my grandfather in Pennsylvania,” Waters said Sunday. “I played pickleball one time, and I was hooked. I can play it whenever I want, and I can play with my friends and family.” 
Waters said she had already been playing professionally for three years as of Sunday, and she came away with two gold medals over the five-day competition. 
“I play doubles with my mother, who is in her mid to late 40s, so that shows you that anyone at any age can play,” Waters said. (Read More)

No comments:

Post a Comment